Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Looking Back at Me

The last 2 days have been great. Seriously, and for me to say that, then it's saying something.
Some of you may know that I suffer from depression, so there are many days that are harder than others, but I definitely feel like I'm going over a hump in my life. I've often wondered when the day would come that I would start being ok with ME. The person that I am inside and outside. A lot of you can relate, I'm sure. How many of us look in the mirror and see all the imperfections instead of all the good? (I'm raising my hand right now!!). It's exhausting, isn't it? I'm tired of it. I realized that no matter what, to be completely ok with myself, I really have to start liking myself and accepting the person I am, just the way I am. I know it seems sappy, but it's true. I feel different lately. Stronger may be the word, confident? I'm not sure, but I do know that for the first time in more than 20 years, I feel good about Me. Possibly have to do with not eating cheese....(JK)... more likely has to do with setting goals in my life.. finally. Thanks again to those of you who have joined my blog. I will write down my goals later tonight for the last 2 days... Smile tonight!

1 comment: