Friday, November 27, 2009

Goal

I figured out my 2nd goal today. It's something that I've wanted for a long time and just never really focused on; in a serious manner that is. I WANT TO BE HEALTHY. Yes, I was just screaming it. I figured that if I scream it at the top of my lungs it will come true faster... sort of like learning by osmosis. The company that I work for was just featured in Fortune magazine under the"100 Best Companies to Work For" with a brief article about what they are doing to lower health costs. I'm not going to go on and on about it, but you can read about it by clicking on the title of this post or by going here - http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/11/news/companies/paychex.fortune/index.htm
My company will give us 300$ at the end of the year to be HEALTHY.....of course we have to meet certain requirements which is based on a point system. We gain points for doing things like going dancing for an allotted amount of time, running, and even getting a massage (I know!!!), so while I was earning points today by doing a "Lunch and Learn" (we have the option to spend our lunch watching a video, etc about something to do with healthy living), I decided I'm going to truly focus on becoming healthy...NOT just because of the extra bucks, but because I've always wanted to feel alive and well. It seems that I always feel the opposite these days and I think it's mostly because of the stress and lifestyle that I've grown used to. Well, no more. I'm really going to do it this time. I want to live, laugh, and love with
the best of them. So, first thing I'm going to do to work towards feeling better is.... cutting out almost all cheese from my diet, with the exception of all or part skim mottz. string cheese because I'm lactose intolerant and it's not so great for those of us who lack the enzyme to break down lactose in dairy products. It's also not healthy for my boyfriend and dog who happen to sleep in the same bed as me......
Day 1 starts on 11/28/09.

No comments:

Post a Comment